The content on this Website is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide financial, legal, accounting or tax advice and should not be relied upon in that regard. You should not act or rely on the content on this Website without first seeking the advice of appropriate professional advisors.
Your use of this Website is governed by the Website User Agreement which contains important provisions, including provisions disclaiming, limiting or excluding our liability for your use of our website and provisions determining the applicable law and exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution of any disputes regarding your use of our Website. Each time you use the Website, you signify your acceptance and agreement, without limitation or qualification to be bound by the Website Agreement.
Before you invest in any investment product, including the ones featured on this Website, you should read and understand the product's offering documents as those documents contain very important information on matters such as investment objectives and strategies, risks of investing and management fees and other charges and expenses. You should also ensure that you have the most recent publicly available information on a product before investing (e.g., prospectus, annual information form, material change reports, press releases, etc.).
With respect to each product featured on this Website, you should be aware of the following:
- The product may not be suitable for you. You should consult with your professional advisors as to its suitability for your investing purposes.
- Indicated rates of return (if any) are used only to illustrate the effects of compound growth rate and are not intended to reflect values of the products or returns on investment.
- Indicated rates of return (if any) are the historical annual compound total returns including changes in unit (or share) value and reinvestment of all dividends or distributions, and do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges, or income taxes payable by any securityholder that would have reduced returns.
- Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with the product.
- The product is not guaranteed, its value changes frequently and past performance may not be repeated. None of the products are insured bythe Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Régie de l 'assurance-dépôts du Québec or any other deposit insurer or financial institution.
The products featured on this website are qualified for sale only in Canada. Neither this website nor a prospectus for any of our investment products constitutes an offer or solicitation by any person in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such offer or solicitation.
First Asset endeavours to disclose the portfolio holdings of its index-tracking ETFs (the “Index ETFs”) on its website daily. In connection with the regular reconstitution/rebalancing of the indexes tracked by the Index ETFs, First Asset may be contractually precluded from disclosing portfolio changes arising in connection with the reconstitution/rebalancing.
In order to prevent the inadvertent breach by First Asset of its contractual obligations and also in order to ensure that the Index ETF’s interests are maximized, First Asset has implemented this best practice Disclosure Policy. This policy requires that, from the period commencing 3 trading days prior to the effective date of any index reconstitution/rebalancing in respect of an Index ETF (the “Rebalancing Effective Date”) and ending 10 trading days after the Rebalancing Effective Date (or such later date at which all related Rebalancing Trades have been completed) (the “Rebalancing Period”), First Asset will not update portfolio information on its website in respect of such Index ETF but will instead continue to display portfolio information in respect of such Index ETF as at the trading date immediately prior to the commencement of the Rebalancing Period. This policy will protect the Index ETF from potentially being exposed to external risk factors, such as front-running, during the Rebalancing Period, and will also ensure that First Asset does not inadvertently breach its contractual obligations.
The provinces of Quebec, British Columbia and Alberta have enacted legislation concerning unclaimed property. FAIMI has implemented policies and procedures to locate investors for whom we are holding unclaimed property, if their last known address was in one of the three provinces.
What is an unclaimed asset?
Unclaimed property could include mutual fund shares/units and/or cheques and will be deemed to be unclaimed if certain time periods set out in the provincial legislation expire, and any of the following circumstances is applicable:
- A communication or cheque has been mailed to a First Asset mutual fund investor for whom we are holding an account and has been returned as 'undeliverable'; or
- A communication has been sent to a First Asset mutual fund investor for whom we are holding an account requesting that an action be taken by a specified date, and no action has been taken; or
- A cheque was sent to a First Asset mutual fund investor for whom we are holding an account and the cheque has not been cashed; or
- The First Asset mutual fund investor has not indicated an interest in the account;
- The value of the unclaimed property is $250.00 or more for owners of accounts residing in the province of Alberta; or
- The value of the unclaimed property is $50.00 or more for owners of accounts residing in the province of British Columbia; or
- The value of the unclaimed property is $100.00 or more for owners of accounts residing in the province of Quebec.
Once an account is deemed unclaimed, First Asset will take reasonable efforts to locate the investor by any and/or all of the following means:
- Searching our recordkeeping system for other existing accounts for the same investor;
- Correspondence with investment professionals;
- Correspondence to Canada Customs and Revenue Agency or Revenue Quebec, if appropriate.
First Asset maintains a list of unclaimed property owners whom we have been unable to contact. If you would like to request a search of our database, please contact our Compliance Department by calling toll-free 1-877-642-1289 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
You will be required to provide appropriate documentation to validate your status as the owner, heir or assignee.
Residents of Other Provinces
First Asset mutual fund investors resident in other provinces or territories should contact their account provider (their broker, investment dealer, trust company or mutual fund dealer).